Friday, December 5, 2014

Changing hobbies


My caching has slowed down greatly.  At current rate, I am doubful I will have 300 finds this year, thus my slowest caching year since 2010.

I retired with 25 years of military services and draw disabilty from the VA.  Due to the disabilty from wartime service, I learned I could obtain the Lifetime Tennessee Sportsman License for $10.  Normally, for my age group the cost is just over $1,600.  For last two years, I only have to purchase the Type 94 Doe permit and Federal Duck stamp.

With that, I re-newed my interest in hunting; I can't seem to find the patience to fish.  Long prior to geocaching, I've been a gun owner and last 4 years have increased my collection to include a Panther Arms AR-15.  When my daughter was taking the Tennessee Hunter Safety Course, I learned that any centerfire rifle can be used for deer.  So for the past two years I've used the .223 caliber AR-15 for deer, harvesting 3 deer with the pictured rifle.  I did harvest one deer last year with a 30-30 lever action.

I have not re-newed my efforts with small game, but am preparing to hunt coyotes this spring.  Last year I did go duck hunting once and wild turkey a few times.  As my geocaching career slows down even more next year, I will increase my hunting efforts.

No comments: