Friday, October 17, 2014

Day Four: Upper Mid-West

With cachestalker94 enrolled into school, I had a free day.  I used this day for the long and exhausting trip to the Dakotas.  During this four day trip, I would visit for the first time:  Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota and North Dakota, caching all these states and also caching Wisconsin.  I had been to the Dairy state in the 1980's while in the US Navy.

The trip took me through more interesting areas and quickly realized why Minnesota was the land of 10,000 lakes.  It was an enjoyable trip and was very tired when I returned to the hotel.  Including in the trip was a lot of rain, and returned with my shoes soaked.

The most interesting caches:

Little Tribute to a big ball of twine, was near one of the largest hills I've seen in this state and made the find in the rain.

Ortonville Region, there was a cluster of caches at this location, most were Earthcaches.

Greenwood Cemetery, first find in South Dakota, coordinates were off but I did make the find.

Coteau des Prairies, a rest area earthcache with a great view.



No comments: