Friday, October 3, 2014

Cliffs of Dover

With the day off from work for Good Friday, I went for a new cache, Cliffs of Dover.  Knowing the area, I considered bringing my kayak.  After the long and hard hike, using a kayak would have been much less difficult.

With a winter that would not go away, the weather was nice for a hard hike and spring foliage was not an issue as were insects.  I had researched the topographical maps to find an easy way and avoid the constant hill climbing but that was not to be; so more or less, I did a beeline approach.

The hike was hard and difficult but enjoyable and with some nice views.

Not only have I been the first to find; I am the only to find.  This is a great cache and should be found more often.  However, the geocaching game could be re-named, game of guardrails since many cachers prefer highway powertrails, which along with smartphones is destroying this game.

No comments: