Monday, April 1, 2013

Obion River Float

With the upcoming Obion River Blueway Caches CITO, the cache owner asked me to go along and assist in placement of caches along the river.  I helped out with four ammo cans.  Typically, I don't get much of a work out placing caches; this one worn me out.  Due to schedule conflict, we elected to set out on the river this past Friday.  I arrvied at the launch location about a half-hour before the CITO cache owner.  Took the time to hike east  of the parking area and could see the potention for a nice walking power trail. 

CITO owner arrived with a powered john boat.  We unloaded the boat at the water and then hooked his trailer to my truck.  We set out for the recovery area, leaving the CITO owner's wife at the boat.  She and a Tauras remained at the boat until our return about 45 minutes later. 

We set out on the boat for my first real experience floating the Middle Fork of the Obion River.  It was a calm and peaceful float.  The weather turned cold once again and rain continued until we reached the recovery area.  By the time we reached the end, I was soaking wet, my legs from knees down were drenched due to falling in once.  My chills continued until I arrived home to take a hot shower. 

I placed four cachers and the caches were in honor of cachers who are willing to do the extreme terrain caches and no stranger to the water.

James Brown

Adventuretrekker

Davy Crockett and soldier and stateman.

Kodiak_62

Davy Crockett

Chimps8mybaby

Jacob Mullory

GeoYakr

It doesn't pay to be a ladies man

No comments: