Monday, March 11, 2013

Selmer to Adamsville

In December 2011, a large batch of caches around Selmer, Tennessee were developed, becoming a power trail like the on around and through Columbia, Tennessee. 

A positive note about the power trail around Selmer is that the cache owner noted the direction of the caches, such as East Bound or West Bound.  While these types of power trails are not my favorite, I decided to knock out one leg.

Having a business trip to Middleton; I decided to go by the way of Highway 22 to Adamsville thus avoiding Jackson and it's traffic problems.  I grabbed a few caches along Hwy 64 to Selmer that were located on the west bound lane.  After conclusion of business, I went after the power trail.  I set a new solo record of 34 finds in one day.  I had three DNF's on the power trail.  Turns out the caches were there, but going solo, I didn't want to spend any time at cache searching.  I figured out that some of the film canisters were on the ground. 

I have plans to knock out the the other legs of the Selmer power trail and decided a way to make more use of my time is to pre-print and sign the cache logs, only having to place in a new log. 

No comments: