Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm ready for Spring!


During the 2008 Geocaching year, I changed my tactic somewhat doing after more difficult terrain caches including caches requiring a watercraft of some type. I purchased a inflatable kayak and did find a cache using the two-person boat. However, I found the kayak is not designed for what I really want; in that I want the caches on Lake Graham, Wolf River and Cumberland River. Last year I missed the Ghost River event due to schedule problems and lack of a boat. The Cumberland River event fit my schedule but didn't want to arrive needing a ride (or float). A recent visit to Gander Mountain in Jackson, TN; I found exactly a kayak that will suit me. It's a one person, Pelican Pursuit 100. I had a few gift cards and the 10% military discount aided me greatly.


Now, I look forward to a warm Saturday and go after the Lake Graham caches. Also on my radar screen are the two 5-star terrain caches on Lake Barkley.

No comments: