Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Charge


When I developed this blog I didn't have the intentions of writing about my own geocaches. However, in the last couple of months I have become very involved in facebook and found out very recently that I can import my blog notes onto my facebook profile and see that many non-geocachers from my home county are also reading my notes.


On a trip to western Kentucky, I passed through Dukedom, Tennessee and noticed the roadside structure had been rebuilt. I stopped to few the remodeled job and took some pictures and also jotted down contact information. I have wanted to place a geocache here to link Mayfield and Dresden and most of all due to its interesting location. I called one of the phone numbers that I found and spoke to the commander of the Sons of Confederate Veterans camp of Mayfield. I told the commander that I am also a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans Camp 323 (Col. Jeffery Forrest) in Dresden. We spoke about geocaching and that having a geocache at the building will draw visitors. The commander gave me the go-ahead and I immediatly set out for Dukedom to place the geocache.


The geocache (The Charge) is placed and been found by two geocachers. I don't figure to get a lot of hits due to the remote location, but anticipate when western Kentucky digs out of the recent ice storm, the Kentucky geocachers will descend upon it.

No comments: