Monday, July 7, 2008

Clearing Mayfield

When I begun caching in 2005, there were only two caches in Mayfield. Not a Pine Box was my first find; what I remember most about that cache was the way to get there. Being from Dresden, I recall making a couple of visits to the town. Much of what I knew about Mayfield was it was the exit to take from the Purchase Parkway going to Paducah. When we moved from Martin to Dresden, I began to make some trips to Mayfield, mostly to the Wal-Mart Supercenter which is south of town. During that trip to Not a Pine Box, I didn't have maps on my GPS and turned and turned again, over and over to get the arrow straight to take me to the hospital grounds north of town near the Purchase Parkway.

Later I returned in the same month to find, Its all right Pizza , which is a skirtlifter and was a DNF my first visit. Up to that time, I was not familiar with skirtlifters. For two years there were no new caches in the Mayfield area. The summer of 2007, new cachers began to place caches on the Mayfield area which suited me very much. First to come was The Pearl of the Purchase and Woolridge Monuments, both of these caches placed by Pirates of the Cache N Carry. The next month came a series of caches by Influence Waterfowl Calls. His caches were different on some aspects and and some were similiar to what I have found in other places. Some of his caches are based on old TV shows such as the "Dukes of Hazzard" and the move "Oh Brother, where art thou?".

In June of 2008, with help from Pharmd93, I finally cleared all the Mayfield caches with Behind the Castle Gate! being the most difficult.

No comments: