Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 3


I had initially planned to find 20+ caches on this day since there were so many close to where we were staying. After seeing the traffic patterns, I doubted cachestalker94 and myself would find that many. Begun the day eating the continental breakfast at the hotel and enjoying fellowship with relatives. By 8:00 AM we were off caching. We begun caching near a community college and saw so much area under construction it was difficult to get to the caches. We did find a few caches in that cluster. I saw our time began to run out and we made a beeline to the Clinton River Park. There we found three caches, including the Dodge Park Esker Earthcache which turned out to be my 1,800th find. This one was a treat since it was in reference to a glacier, something that will not be seen in Tennessee. Cachestalker94 and I found two more caches in the park, Easy Green and Wood you not like to find it?. I was very impressed with the park; most of the trails were paved and the park was busy. Even saw a black squirrel. I liked the clever hid of Wood you not like to find it? being the cache was a fake stump.


We ceased the caching after the three finds in the Clinton River Park headed over to Borders Bookstore and later the motel to ready ourselves for the wedding. This was one of the few breaks we had during our stay. After refreshing ourselves, we drove towards the chapel, finding one cache along the way, a simple park n' grab. Attended the wedding and later the reception. Had a good time visiting with relatives and making new friends.

No comments: