Tuesday, July 22, 2008

4 Days of caching: Day 1

Thursday, July 17 began a 4-day caching trip that took cachestalker94 and myself to caches in Clarksville, Ashland City in Tennessee to Michigan, Ohio and Windsor, Canada. The purpose of our trip was to attend a wedding for a cousin in our family in Sterling Heights, Michigan. I have family strung about in: Michigan, Louisiana, Texas and Tennessee, I have not had the opportunity to visit the relatives during their high school graduations and marriages. This time, I had the opportunity to attend. As for geocaching I set myself a few goals:

Myself to top 1,800 finds.
Cachestalker94 reach 400 finds.
Find earthcaches in two new states/countries to obtain the Platinum Earthcache Award.

Day 1:

After being delayed with repairs on my truck, we left Dresden after noon to headed towards Ashland City, Tennessee. In Ashland City, we would stay the night at the home of brickbat66 and be less than an hour from the airport instead of getting up at 4 am and drive 2 1/2 hours. Along the way we picked up a few caches along Hwy 79. The best cache we found was Riverview Cemetery by Team Hall-JTSJT. The cache was a simple micro, but I enjoyed looking at the old cemetery and reading the historical markers. We travelled onto Ashland City to a series of caches by jd_stitch in a somewhat new park. We found all the caches in the park even though it was very hot and cachestalker94 let me know about the temperature. After signing all the logs, we retired to brickbat66's home for dinner and relaxation.

No comments: