Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day Two, the big hike

The first full day of hiking would take us for a 10 mile hike at Virgin Falls.  It was the second time this group visited the falls.  Their first trip was very difficult due to wintery conditions.  The hike going in worked well for me; I was able to keep up.  However on the return trip, my knees were in much pain despite the constant use of Advil.

The area was one of the most scenic of my geocaching career and my favorites were:

Virgin Falls Earthcache

Virgin Falls Cache

Big Laural Falls Earthcache

I hobbled back to the vehicles and returned to the cabin at Rock Island State Park.  It took everything I had to climb the stairs to the cabin.

As for dinner, chili was on the menu.  Being that this cacher has resumed big game hunting and had bagged two deer this season,  I had several pounds of ground venison and provided for the feast.

No comments: