Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Concentrated run in Jackson, TN 1/30/2014

In the last couple of years geocaching in Jackson, TN has changed with most caches being placed by lookingUPward.  Overall, the current way of geo-business in Jackson is no longer satisfying by this cacher.  This is part of the reason why this cacher is considing geo-retirement in the coming months.

My occupation takes me on the road to the point that I average about 30,000 business miles a year.  Current work policies recommend using a rental car or state car (which is an unmarked leased car) for distances over 136 miles.  Since I don't concern myself for numbers; I try to focus more on interesting caches or small clusters of caches.  Being that I have cached for neary 10 years, it is very doubtful that I will run across an interesting location in Jackson, TN.  Prior to going on active duty in late 2009, I had made a find in the Jackson area for 50 Consecutive months.

On a cold January day, I went after some caches in a park just west of Jackson.  Being it was cold, I had the park to myself.  Typically, I try to park in the midde of a cluster of caches and make a circle around the park.  That day, I picked up a few, one being my favorite at a fire station.

MCFD #5, I have had the honor of meeting this cacher whom is a full time firefighter.

No where to go

Walk in the park

Pope Park

What's the Score???


No comments: