Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day Three

Day Three of the cachepedition, began with a nice breakfast and fellowship with other cachers at Rock Island State Park.  I awoke with my knees sore but felt I could carry on with the mission.

Selection of caches of the day were selected and generally were short hikes.  The most notable cache was Piney Falls Bridge.  I had been to this location a few years prior but unable to find.  Made the find with the large group.  I did find that hiking downhill was very painful on my knees and that would burden me the rest of the day.  Towards the way back to Rock Island State Park we stopped for an extended stay at Sunset Rock a nice earthcache with a great view.  There is a cache on top of the massive rock, but for legal and medical reasons, I opted not to go after this cache.  There were signs on the rock not permitting climbing or repelling of this rock and with my knees in bad shape, it was better I did not attempt.  We stopped in Sparta and I mind the find with the webcam cache.  It's only me second webcam find, they are more difficult and with smartphones, it was easier today.

We retreated back to the cabins for more rest and fellowship.

No comments: