Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cachin' in August Part 4

August 23:  Disaster Relief Mission coming to an end and due to prior engagement, myself and 3 mission workers are heading towards home.  I did get to meet docbaker57, who was in my camp the entire time and he was caching in the evenings.  We returned a different route going through the Ozarks and since I had a muggle entourage with me, I generally wanted to keep to interesting caches.  We stopped at Privy , one of the best containers I've seen in my 8 years of geocaching.  Next stop was Houston Always, at a Wal-Mart shopping center.  Good opportunity for restroom break.  Then we headed south towards Highway 60 and we stopped at Willow Series 1, I made this harder than it was, but found the cache.  We drove on Highway 60 and I was pleasantly surprised the road is now a 4-lane.  Back in 1991, I traveled to Springfield, MO on Highway 60 and was a winding, slow 2-lane.  Heading West, we stopped at Big Spring.  I visited this location in 1991.  We continued west along Highway 60, finding Eagle Scout Project Bat Boxes, a really cool location of a bat box above the cache.  At this point, I wanted to connect counties from Poplar Bluff, MO to Sikeston, MO.  We made are final stops at Zebra One and Crossroads of Southeast Missouri.  The last cache was on my bucket list for another reason, the cache owner has twice visited Weakley County and I wanted to return the respect by finding one of her caches.

With the mission to Missouri, I've found enough caches for one part of The Traveler's 5-State Challenge

No comments: