Sunday, August 25, 2013

Cachin' in August Part 2 (August 17)

As I continue to work on The Traveler's 5-State Challenge, I teamed up with dhrnrcpa and Pharmd93 with a 50+ find sweep of southern Illinois and a few caches in Kentucky.  We picked August 17, a Saturday and was also International Geocaching Day.  During the trip, I colored in Pulaski County, in Illinois, which was my first ever trip to that county.  Almost all the caches were of the Park and Grab variety,  We would visit over a dozen cemeteries, a few guard rails and many fire hydrants.  

The most significant caches we found were:  Bird Man  which we would read it was the grave of the Birdman of Alcatraz.  I also completed, once again, the What's Shaking Series with the new cache in Paducah.  Another interesting cache was:  Kimball's Granite Sphere & Xenoliths an earthcache.  

We cached for several hours in the heat and humidity.  We also had to deal with rain showers from time to time.  

No comments: