Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tennessee County Challenge

With trips to the Northeast section of Tennessee, I have been working on the Tennessee County Challenge.  Two trips have colored in 10 counties, leaving me with only three to complete the goal.

Recent counties I have visited, all of which, where my first ever trip into the county;  Washington, Johnson, Carter, Unicoi, Hawkins, Union, Hancock, Grainger, Claiborne and Campbell.  Most of the caches are park and grabs since my time is limited and have a lot of area to cover.

Some interesting finds along the way:

In plain view, quiet little town, relaxing walking track.

Davy Crockett Trilogy- Forefathers, a cool virtual taking me to where Davy's grandparents are buried, whom were massacred by Indians.

Cove Lake Dam, required a good hike on rough terrain.  Hiked into the cold wind and it as snowing.

No comments: