Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Frozen Dozen: Day 4

On Monday, January 21 was the departure day.  Since I drove alone; I headed back alone.  That morning, I took the time to admire the cabin that Nelms3 reserved.  I was still in awe of the planning and operations executed by GeoYakr and Tiger130.  I have led a few cache runs, but nothing of this magnitude.  It was best, that I offered nothing in an agenda since my knowledge of the area was vague.  I trusted the planners and I was not disappointed.

I picked up three caches on the way home.  The caches on the return trip were on my Nuvi, however, when I added the Chattanooga pocket query, it over-wrote the pr-exiting query.  However, I was not alarmed since I had begun using an Android smartphone with the C GEO free application.

First find, and officially my first find using a smartphone was New York Infantry.  Being that I have a friend who is a Civil War buff and resides in New York; I took a few photos to send to him.  Took a break on to of Monteagle and grabbed Westbound over Mt. Eagle.  My last find on the trip was a huge travel bug hotel, Team Trunk Monkey's XXL Travel Bug Wishing Well.  Of all the private property caches I have found, this one was the best.  I admire the work to create this cache.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

TF, I'm truly glad you joined us this year and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Planning is definitely tricky but if you google "hiking in Tennessee" that's always a good start and we narrow our destinations based on the results we see on topo maps. :-)