Tuesday, June 25, 2013

South East Missouri Cache run

With my re-newed focus on the game, I, along with pcsenn and dhrncpa set out for South East Missouri to grab numbers for The Traveler's 5-State Challenge that I intend to find in May 2014.  The cache run netted 29 total finds, 26 in the state of Missouri, bring my total for that state to 78 finds.  I have a trip to St. Louis in July and being that I will be with my family that is not overly interested in geocaching, I will aim for about a dozen or so finds, my agenda being to grab the counties of:  Perry, Ste. Genevieve, Jefferson, St. Louis city and county.  This agenda is to color in the counties on my GSAK map but I have no intention of working towards a Missouri County or Delorme Challenge. 

Pcsenn already found all the caches in the bootheel of Missouri and I invited dhrnrcpa to come along.  He enjoys any cache run and does not have opportunties to cache as often as he would like.

The majority of the caches found were of the park and grab type and not many were that special.  There was one cache, a multi stage that looked interesting, The Key to the Mystery.  I was very disappointed that, despite the owners of the cache reside near the first stage and final stage is at their residential property, the key was missing and there was not way to open the final stage. 

No comments: