Thursday, May 30, 2013

Plans to attend Geowoodstock XII

Next year's Geowoodstock XII was released and I do make plans to attend.  The event will be held in St. Charles, MO, which was the launch location of the Lewis and Clark Expedition.  This blogger was surprised to hear that GWXII would be in the St. Louis area, figuring since most of the events have been held in the eastern part of the United States.  I looked more into the decision and sum that the area does have strong geocaching groups in the region that can assist in the huge event, it also in the region of the geographic center of the United States.

Prior to the announcement, we had already made plans to visit St. Louis in July and a side-trip to Hannibal, MO.  I added the virtual near GWXII to the vacation bookmark and maybe have the opportunity to visit the area prior to the mega event.  My entourage attended GW X in Sellersburg, IN and we did not know the area and made the mistake of staying in Louisville, KY which was resulted in back and forth trips across the Ohio River. 

Over the next few months, I will obseve the activities of the mega event and may have an agenda to either increase my icons in day (which stands at 6) or attempt to add the states of Iowa or Kansas to my geocaching stats.

No comments: