Wednesday, May 29, 2013

4,000th find

Life and work has been keeping me closer to home, more than usual, which is abnormal for me.  On the homefront, I hve been preparing a section of the backyard for 26 chickens.  To add to the matter, my 3-year old MTD riding mower had engine problems, requiring a new engine.  I wanted nothing of that and sold the mower as is for $200 and purchased a walk behind self-propelled mower.  Since mowing of my yard will take twice and long and be much more physically demanding, my time for caching has been reduced.

As I neared the 4,000 find mark, I was frustrated with my latest run in Henry County where I found one cache out of four attempts.  This past Saturday morning, I had all work chores caught up and had Saturday morning to grab some caches.  I drove up north of Mayfield, KY and grabbed three Miles of Smiles caches and then selected Candy Apples, Cotton Candy & Funnel Cakes as my 4,000th find.  I selected this cache as my milestone since it was regular size. 

No comments: