Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hidden Lake

Cachestalker94 attended the American Legion Girls State in Nashville, I had to pick her up at the conclusion of the week long activities.  I picked out a few caches to go after but due to construction on I-40, I was 45 minutes late.  We left Nashville and we decided to go after one cache, Hidden Lake.  I had attempted this one before in 2009 and came up empty.  I had read the logs and found some updated coordinates and used those numbers.  We parked about a 1/2 mile from the cache and hiked towards the lake.  There was some muggle activity with other hikers on the trail.  We didn't bother them, they did not bother us.  As we hiked, we came across a fork in the trail.  We went left and I began to notice this was not the trail I had taken in 2009.  Despite that, we pressed on and climbed around some rocks and went around the lake.  Turns out the trail we picked on this day was more scenic than the other trail.  We came upon ground zero and I found the cache quickly.  After signing the log we kept on the loop and exited the trail that I had been on in 2009.

I could tell why Hidden Lake is one of the favorites in the Nashville area and encourage other cachers to pay this cache a visit.

No comments: