Sunday, May 20, 2012

Prepping for GW X

With school nearing an end, ballet recital complete, I am focusing my attention on Geo-Woodstock X which will be held in Sellersburg, Indiana.  I have attended one prior Geo-Woodstock, that was number seven in Bell Buckle, TN and had a great time.  Since I will have my family entourage, my focus will be on earthcaches, virtuals, attending a few events and grabbing caches at interesting locations.  We plan to drive up along the Purchase Parkway to I-65 and to Louisville on Thursday to attend the flash mob event at Churchill Downs.  Will do some caching on Friday, I may go after Kentucky's oldest cache.  I will see what the mood is at that time.  Saturday will be the big day with events and socializing with hundreds of cachers.
The return trip is still up for decision, it will either be a trip to Nashville to see my oldest daughter at Girl's State, or head west on I-64 and visit Santa Claus, Indiana.

In my opinion, an experience cacher who does not attend at least one Geo-Woodstock is missing out on the complete caching experience.

1 comment:

insanesimmer said...

Just randomly ran across your blog. We will be attending GWX and the church hill event. I also started a geocaching blog under my geonick.
Have fun!
insanesimmer
Beverly & Tony