Sunday, March 4, 2012

Leap Year Event

Four years ago, I attended a Leap Year event in Jackson that had an exceptional turn out. Little did I realize that coloring in the February 29th date, at that time would be pivotal when I completed the Finds by Date calender in 2011.

Last week I gave back by hosting an event in South Fulton at the Lean To Restaurant. Was concerned if I would get more than a dozen or so cachers being that South Fulton is not a destination for many cachers and being Feb. 29, 2012 fell on a Wednesday. I set the time for 7 to 9 pm and requested no door prizes. Being a weekday, I didn't want anybody to feel obligated to stay to the door prize section of the event. I have observed in many events, that after door prizes are given out; comes the exodus. At this event, I noted that many cachers stayed around to closing time. Everyone had a great time and some assisted restaurant staff in helping with clean up.

One cacher during the event was offended that another event was being hosted in Paducah, Ky. I replied that I was not offended by the least. Paducah was about an hour from South Fulton, TN and I wouldn't expect cachers from Paducah/Metropolis area to be at the event in South Fulton.

Cachers who attend the event in South Fulton came from as far as: Pinson, Jackson, Huntington, Troy, Springville, Puryear, Paris and Union City, all in Tennessee. From Kentucky, Murray, Mayfield, Clinton and Sedalia.

No comments: