Monday, March 12, 2012

Ellington Agricultural Center

I had heard of the Ellington Center in Nashville a couple of years ago and I shown some interest in the area. In a visit to Nashville, I bookmarked the caches in the center and went after them. It proved to be an exhausting mission since I was unfamiliar with the trail system. Often, I bushwhacked my way towards the cache.

Walk Along with Roger was my first find. Parking was easy and finding the trail head was just as easy. Took more time than I wanted to find the cache since my GPSr took me in circles.

Later, I parked at another location and went after the remaining caches. Bushwhacking was difficult due to the heavy vegetation. I did find trails and tried to stay one them, but there were trails within trails. When I went after the last cache, I finally found a board that mapped the trail system.

The Plantation that Wasn't: Walk on the Wildside

Cache Creek

When I visited, it was during the week, where there were may state muggle employees running about. It would be my recommendation to go after these caches on a weekend, holiday or after work hours. Good knowledge of the trail system and use of a mountain bike would be fun.

1 comment:

Ted said...

Sounds like a neat area. We had some bushwhacking this past weekend as well! Stripes and all!