Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tiger130

Recently, on Facebook this article regarding one of the most respected and premier cachers in West Tennessee. While this author's actual caching experience with Tiger130 is very limited, I have had the honor of sharing several phone and email conversations.

I had met Tiger130 at a 1K event I hosted in the Memphis area. When I am a host of an event, I attempt to speak to all participants and I observed two people on the outside section where the event was held and I could see they were highly observing the event and introduced myself.

When I was overseas, in Kuwait and planning out my R&R leave and asked for assistance in transportation from the Memphis airport to Dresden, TN; Tiger130 was one of the first to respond. She and bitbrain were at the airport when I arrived and transported me to Jackson, TN. It was Tiger130 and bitbrain who alerted me that they would be diving at Mermet Springs, IL and provide me the opportunity to get the 5/5 cache located at the bottom of the spring.

Some of the things I admire:

Tiger130 has given back to the geocaching community by being involved in Introduction to Geocaching events held in and around the Memphis area.

Placement of outstanding caches, such as Purple Heart that I have yet to sign.

Coordinating several cache expeditions such as: Walls of Jericho and most recently Mt. Nebo in Arkansas.

Tiger130 was the first and maybe the only West Tennessean to complete the Tennessee County and Delmore challenges.

One of the first West Tennesseans to complete the Well Rounded Cacher where only just over a dozen cachers from Tennessee have accomplished this feat.

Overall, her competitiveness has inspired me to more adventurous and take the game to a higher level.

Update (2/13/12), Tiger130 and bitbrain were married yesterday becoming Team SpiderMonkey

1 comment:

Ted said...

Great post. BrunoFam3 has become rather fond of Tiger130 and Bitbrain too. They are true givers to the caching community! Their stories are always awe inspiring to hear. GOWT is very lucky to have them and so many other great cachers that make us pround to part of the GOWT and overall caching community!