Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ashland City Trail

In 2006, Pharmd93, brickbat66 and myself cleared the caches on that trail while on bikes while I was on a warpath to reach the 1K. I have wanted to return to the trail.

While attending the 1K event for Sunshinegirl42017 in Murray, KY, dhrnrcpa mentioned about hitting the long trail where over 50 caches were placed prior to tax season where his employment as an accountant will slow down his caching. After some weeks of preparation, a group gathered Paris and Clarksville and I hit the trail once again. I decided not to bring my bike along since there were cachers placed nearly 528 feet from each other and getting on and off the bike were become tiresome. There were too many caches to keep count and all of us ended up setting new daily find records. I managed to knock out 57 finds. My GSAK stats noted 58 finds, but after further research, I had double-logged a find and that has been corrected.

It was a great day of caching and on the way back home we stopped to eat in Clarksville where I purchased the meal for Chicontater and his son since we took his truck from Dresden.

All who made the hike were:

Orion_13 and his family
and the one who got the cache run going, dhrnrcpa

No comments: