Sunday, April 10, 2011

Trout Fishing Fun

While in Mountain Home, Arkansas we visited the trout hatchery at the base of the Norfolk River Dam. We ended up spending a lot of time seeing the fish, where both my girls had fun feeding the fish. I looked for the information for the virtual Trout Fishing Fun. I knew the plaques were moved inside and we went there to find where the trout are hatched from the eggs. Was amazing to see how the fish develop. We spoke to a US Fish & Wildlife employee and he showed Carolina more details of the fish. He saw my GPS and he knew what I was seeking and pointed me in the right direction.

Next to the hatchery was a flowing stream and we could see the trout in their natural habitat. This virtual was educational and fun. One of the reasons I would like to see a return of the virtual geocaches.


No comments: