Friday, March 21, 2008

Caching A,B,Z's


Since the GOWT re-organized and came back online a topic was brought up called the Fizzy Challenge. I looked at it and knowing that many of the requirements of 4 and 5 star caches will elude me, I lost my interest. But the topic of Geocaching A through Z did grab my attention. The basis to log that cache is to first find 26 caches for each letter of the alphabet. Forum conversation continued. One day, I was going through my all finds query on GSAK and noticed I have met the requirement. Went back onto the forum and asked for the GC# of the cache. Informed the cache was not ready yet and Tinksdad01 put out the cache a few days later.

Sprout wsa FTF and some cachers have descended onto the new cache. I delayed my business trip to Memphis to await this cache and later for the rain to pass through.


After my visit in Southhaven, MS, I had nRoute take me to the park for Caching A,B,Z's. Found the first stage after some looking. Seen this type of hide before but not at this type of location. Completed a multi More Fun than a Barrel Full of Monkeys, and waded through one foot of water. Then made the 1/2 mile hike to the final stage of Caching A,B,Z's. I had the trail all to myself, I could not ask for better. Found the cache and was very impressed with what I found. Took me some time to coordinate all the blocks. I did have the misfortune to develop a long caching name (Titansfan) in which I log micros with the simple TF and date. After taking the required pictures, I went back to the truck and ended my caching day. Two good caches in the same park and had fun.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I noticed pretty early on that I met the requirements of this one, too. I just haven't gotten there yet. I hope to do it soon, though.