Friday, February 1, 2008

Graham Cracker, another forgotten cache?

Graham Cracker is a cache adopted by BigDaddyD and had been on my list of to do caches since I begun caching in early 2005. But waited nearly a year to complete this cache, for a variety of reasons. My work takes me through the Jackson area several times a month, but the area of Graham Lake is off the main route, the routes being Highland, 45 By-Pass and I-40. Also was intimidated by wooded area caches until the leaves have fallen while using a Garmin Legend. Also, I am not normally dressed for woodland caching. Being that I pass through Jackson on a regular basis I don't find myself making cache runs through that city. On January 2, 2006, having the day off I headed down early to grab Graham Cracker and Just Ducky-Revised. I completed both caches that morning and not finding any others that day. I did have a DNF on a Park and Grab, it was a new cache and was hoping for a First to Find. I realized that when going after caches that require a physical effort, it's best to ignore everything in between. I had a great time hiking for both caches and having to dodge the rain showers too. Just Ducky-Revised was a feat in land navigation. Following the arrow was not enough.

Graham Cracker, which has been on the list of best caches in Madison County has 63 finds in it's nearly 7 years of existence. 2007 has seen an influx of new cachers in West Tennessee, I am disappointed that the cache was found only three times in 2007.

Some could say, "Titansfan you haven't found XXXXXXX hard terrain cache in Madison County". I will say, "you are correct". Titansfan will just have to take a day off and go after:

Raccoon Hideout
Over the Deer
Forked Deer (South Fork)
Frogmore

1 comment:

dalls said...

Graham Cracker is one of my favorites. A GREAT cache that should be everybodies list.