Sunday, September 8, 2013

Project GC

Several weeks ago a Memphis cacher placed a link about Project GC on the GOWT Facebook group.  At first, I didn't find the site easy to use.  After more research on the site, I am amazed of the capabilities.

For example:

1)  Anyone working towards the Well-Rounded Cacher can do a search under the Maps section to view what caches they need to color in the 81 D/T grid.  The profile stat also documents the caches en-route to the 81 grid.

2)  People working on county challenges can bring up a map of caches in a certain county.  That would take out the guess work since the map on geocaching site does not include county lines.

3) If one is working on a team cache run; there is a feature to compare what caches team members have already found.

For now, I have discontinued my GSAK stats on my geocaching profile and using the Project GC stats.


No comments: