Saturday, December 22, 2012

Black Friday Caching

dhrnrcpa and I had communication in regard to a cache run on the Friday after Thanksgiving, in which, retailers call Black Friday.  I try to pick a location to stay away from shopping areas.  We settled for the area around Chickasaw State Park located on Highway 100 south of Jackson.  We also discussed the route to stay away from Jackson.  We met in Huntingdon, traveled through Lexington, later turning West on Highway 100.  dhrnrcpa found over 20 caches that day and was much closer to his 1,000th career find.

We had a good time exploring the highway and state park.  There were many trails and terrain was a little tougher than expected.  For some reason, my ankles were really bothering me by the end of the day.  This has me concerned in that I planning on some hard hiking in January.

The Highway 100 series by dannobub, while area a powertrail and not the caches expected like the guard rails/sign posts in Selmer and Columbia, TN.  All had a place to park and forced everyone to get out of vehicle to search.

My favorite of the day was Lake Lajoie Semaphore .  Being a US Navy veteran, I was aware Semaphore being a communication form.  Solving the puzzle was easy.

No comments: