Thursday, October 4, 2012

Completion of "What's Shaking?" series

With a trip to New Madrid, MO this week, I completed the "What's Shaking?" series.  The series are 8 caches spread out from New Harmony, Indiana to Tunica, Mississippi that bring awareness to the New Madrid Seismic Fault System.

I took leave the much of the day after dental surgery to replace a crown, despite my mouth being numb and later sore, I didn't have any trouble on the cache run.  Except, that when I crossed the Mississippi River at Hickman, KY and tried to travel to New Madrid on back roads.  10 minutes after getting off the ferry the road was closed!  I turned north and keep trying to go West for the Nuvi to re-route.  I ended up in East Praire, MO and finally arrived on the Interstate to New Madrid, that taking 45 minutes.  My time was eroding and made quick work of all the caches I selected, choosing the "What's Shaking?" cache to best last since I knew the type of hide and would not have trouble locating the ammo can.

Arrived at the cache location and said to myself, "What a cool location!".  I took several pictures before finding the cache.  I easily favorited this cache as many cachers have done so too.  By far, the New Madrid cache was the best of the series.

Listed below are the "What's Shaking?" caches:









No comments: