Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cachin' in Mississippi

With a number of recent visits to the VA Hospital in Memphis has allowed me to find caches in Mississippi.  I have been working on a stat to have found caches by 1,000 hiders by the end of this year or before I reach 4,000 finds.  Currently, I have seven to go.

The priority cache for me is What's Shaking?-Tunica, MS; this is a cache of an eight-part series and now I am only one cache find from completion.  While in the area, I also paid visit to Tunica Museum Cache.  Reading the logs I was concerned if I could get to this cache, however, it was an easy find and thankful I grabbed this one.

Another cache I really liked was DeSoto Trail #7- Final Stop.  I appreciate the cache hiders who make the extra effort to place a regular size cache instead of a micro.  In the next several months, I may pay more attention to this series and work on completion of it as well.

Overall, I have enjoyed working the caches in Mississippi.  Roads are newer that in some areas I have normally cache and straighter.  The terrain is also flatter which is better for my knee.

No comments: