Friday, December 23, 2011

Mopping up Hwy 68/80


Due to my mistakes in bookmarking the caches along Highway 68/80 of the LBL, I didn't have two caches on my GPSr'. The reason I have gone to bookmarking instead of a general pocket query is that I am using a Nuvi for auto-routing and having so many caches on the Nuvi creates a huge amount of clutter.

Last Sunday, minnie mouse and myself wanted to take a bike ride on the LBL Greenway and part of the agreement is that I clear the caches I missed and then take the bike ride. Our first find was Indian Access, this cache was not published at the time of the November cache run, but for us, it was an easy find. Next up was Beach in City of Canton, this cache took a truck with high clearance to make it down to the parking area. After a long search we came up with the cache. A missed cache from the November run was This one's for the birds,... , minnie mouse had a good laugh as I made the tree climb to grab the container. After grabbing the cache I tossed it to minne mouse so she could sign the log. After climbing the tree, I was in no mood to climb down to sign and then climb back up. Minnie mouse signed the log and tossed the container back to me.

Last find in the LBL was LBL Greenway East - Maybe Wet, which is officially the first find while using the mountain bike that I purchased for myself while home on leave in 2010. We rode about 2 miles on the greenway before minnie mouse got tired. She had a good time riding the bike and we plan to return on a warm sunny day and ride the round trip of 5 miles.

No comments: