Thursday, November 17, 2011

Recent Challenge Caches

Since my return from deployment I have been watching the placement of Challenge caches near Jackson, TN. At first, I wondered about the high difficulty rating. I reflected on one of my first challenge caches, Special K. Special K required that to log this find, one must have 1,000 finds. I drove within a quarter mile of this cache many times before I could actually log it. With that in mind, I think the difficulty ratings on the recent challenge caches are appropriate.

My recent Challenge cache finds:

Challenge: Complete 6 new 'challenges': While attending the recent cache event in Paris, I was made aware of 3 challenges that I could complete while in Paris. The "Challenges" are something new in geocaching. Most of the challenges are simple and something like the old locationless caches.

TN---12- 'Souvenir' Challenge: I have over 20 souvenirs, being I have cached 23 states/district and one province in Canada. Now, I await souvenirs for my cache finds in Iraq and Kuwait.

States that border West Tennessee- Challenge: Another easy find for me since I have found caches not only states that border West Tennessee, but all the states that border Tennessee. I have finds in all the former Confederate States. Delaware is the only state south of the Mason-Dixon line I don't have a find.

a 7-Challenge, Challenge: This one took a little bit of work and had to complete a few challenge cache to sign this log.

TN I-40 WB 14-Caches In A Day Challenge: Since my return from deployment, I haven't had many days with large numbers. A trip to Marion, IL managed this one.

Well Rounded MO Cacher (Fizzy Challenge): Grabbed this one on the return trip from Marion, IL. My second Fizzy find. Now I will go after the one in Mississippi.

Going after the challenge caches have been fun. With nearly 7 years of caching experience, the challenges are giving me something to look forward to.



No comments: