Monday, September 12, 2011

Giving back

Soldiers from my unit, the 1171st Transportation Company of the Tennessee Army National Guard have expressed interest in geocaching from time to time. While at weapons qualification in Tullahoma, I had an afternoon for caching and took along three soldiers. One, Bellesrecruit, was already a member of the website tagged along for about 2 and 1/2 miles of walking. We did mostly micros near the base. Bellesrecruit recorded her finds, but since not being a premium member was unable to log one of the finds. We did manage to add a puzzle cache (Waitin' on the Car) to her profile.

A few days later I found myself overnight in Smyrna and the new prospective cachers went for a nearly 6 mile walk on a greenway and netted about 1/2 dozen finds. The new cacher, Chicontater soon began to log his finds. We enjoyed our long walk and saw many wildlife.

This past weekend, I sold my old Garmin 60csx, since I know have a Garmin 62s, to chicontater and he and his family are off on their own caching.

When ever we deploy or go off on mission or training, I have a couple of soldier-cachers to count on to be partners.

No comments: