Thursday, July 7, 2011

Joining the Fizzy Club

Over the holiday weekend I hit a major milestone, I chose Well Rounded Cacher (Fizzy Challenge) to be my 3,000th find. Having the morning of the 4th free, I left home a little after 5 am to head to the cache location. Upon arriving, I recalled the area from a previous cache hunt, 2 years earlier after a kayak run of the Ghost River. Found the first stage easily and a few minutes later was signing a log for a cache I have wanted for over 3 years. I was delighted to sign this log and joining the Fizzy Club. Browsing the statistics of many cachers in the West Tennessee, Northern Mississippi, Western Arkansas and Southwest Kentucky, I have determined that about 1% or less of all active cachers have or will hit this mark.

After making the find, I headed to the landing area of the Ghost River, where I unloaded the kayak and found Up the Creek with Half a Paddle. This was a challenging cache since I had to paddle up river, something that I have not had much experience. After dodging some downed trees, I paddled within 40 feet of the cache, got out of the boat and made the find.