Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Middle Tennessee Trip

This past weekend, I had a trip to make up June drill and attend a Suicide Intervention class at the National Guard Base in Smyrna, Tennessee. During that 4-day span I had 25 finds. Some caches of interest:

GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit at the Adventures Science Museum in Nashville. I have been reading about the Mazes from Groundspeak and was delighted to attend the Maze in Nashville. For my muggle Facebook followers of this blog, this exhibit may explain the sport to you.

Bunny Box TB Hotel in Murfreesboro. Was nice to see a regular sized cache located in a parking lot. It was physically challenging since there were steep grades of terrain to cover. It gave my ankle a good test after my injury in April.

"The Hang Out", I had driven by this one back in January and passed it up, was a fun find and good to see a regular sized container in such an urban area.

Towards the end of the weekend, -boatman- gave me a call to come by and visit him near Bell Buckle. I arrived and he said lets go for a ride. We attempted a difficult cache in Shelbyville to no avail. Later, he took me back to downtown Bell Buckle, the former side of the Geo-Woodstock that I attended. The town looked much different since it was minus 5,000 cachers roaming about. I picked up, The Treasure of GeoWoodstock Mountain coordinates for that cache are located in the Geo-Woodstock coin that was given out at the event. I also picked up Mission 13: Crawfish Bottom (Project Monkey Cache) by finding the geo-trail. Was really cool to find such large caches in a city park. Later we retired back to the -boatman- residence and spent some time firing a AR-15 rifle.

On the last day, I set out for what I really wanted, jeffbouldin's D/T Bingo Challenge Cache (Tennessee). The biggest challenge I had for that cache was finding the correct trail head. I had to follow the arrow to the end to find the trail head due to the heavy growth. It was nice to grab a challenge cache, something I don't get too many opportunities.

Passing through Nashville, I picked up Going Gibson. This cache caught my attention due to the many favorites it has received. Took a bit to get to the cache location since auto-routing took me to where I could see the cache, but couldn't reach it. The guitar store was closed but I had heard of it from a Visa commercial from years back and one of my favorite band's Motley Crue have visited the store.

No comments: