Monday, January 10, 2011

Upgrades to Groundspeak

I've been using GSAK stats on my geo-profile for many months and still plan to keep using the feature. Recently, Groundspeak updated their website to install, a Favorites, Statistics and Souvenirs sections. I really like what the folks at Groundspeak have done and will be watching when more information are installed in the Statistics and Souvenirs sections.

Been paying a lot of attention of the statistics section saw where my 1.74 difficulty average is at or very near the norm while browsing the profiles of many cachers that I know or have passed through TF territory. My terrain average, I find to be a disappointing 1.67. While it's ahead of a few who have completed the Well Rounded Cacher requirements and also tops a reported runner. Heck, I've completed the West Tennessee Mega Multi, kayaked to several caches and no stranger to the trails at Bartlett Park, Shelby Farms, Natchez Trace State Park and Land Between the Lakes. This year, I am going to strive to reach a 1.7 average, which may mean less park & grab and more hikes in the Land Between the Lakes. Also plan to get the kayak out far more this coming summer.

When the Favorites sections was introduced, I went through my completed caches and favorite'd 146 caches. I am going to exclude events and CITO's and most that are archived. Bridge, No Bridge, thus far is the only cache favorite'd that has been archived. Currently, I own one cache that has been favorite'd four times, that being Cache Raider. However, I adopted that cache, the original owner Canoe Guy deserves the honor of having the high rating among peers.

Received many emails from Groundspeak where I received Souvenirs, all of which are from the many states that I have cached. I did noticed that Groundspeak is awarding the state souvenirs in the order the US states were admitted to the Union. Have noticed the art work on the souvenirs is great. I am only awaiting the state of New Mexico. I figure Groundspeak will produce souvenirs for the countries I have cached, which are Canada, Kuwait and Iraq. Time will tell.

No comments: