Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What's Shaking? Series

A cache series called What's Shaking? has caught my interest. The first cache I found of series was in Memphis near the armory of the 1174th Transportation Company at Holmes Road. I have discovered after finding four caches of the eight, the caches are extremely easy to find, however, the cache owner is the Central U.S. Earthquake Consortium and the geocaches are there to education people of the earthquake danger presented by the New Madrid Fault. Reading some of the logs, the cache pages are brought along awareness.

Thus far, I have found four of the eight. Memphis, Hickman, KY, Metropolis, IL, and most recent at Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee. Metropolis was the most interesting, the cache being on the courthouse lawn and within sight of the Superman statue. I found that cache on a busy Labor Day weekend and not being seen by many muggles in the area. The cache at Reelfoot is located at the Discovery Museum one of my favorite places to visit.

Other locations and I have yet to visit are: New Madrid, MO, Tunica, MS, Blytheville, AR and New Harmony, IN

Edit: I found the What's Shaking cache in Blytheville, AR on 11/24/09.

No comments: