Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Visit to Nashville

When the Titans moved to Tennessee, it will suited me since I have been a Houston Oilers fan since the 1970's. I have managed to see a few games from time to time. On September 10, my sister-in-law called me and asked if I wanted tickets for the Titans-Packers preseason game which was that night. I told her yes and made arrangements to pick up the tickets.

Unable to find anyone who wanted to make the trip on such short notice and during the work week, but when I got home I showed my daughter, Kailee the tickets and she got ready quickly for the 2 1/2 hour trip to Nashville.

Since I had taken up geocaching, I have rarely not made an effort to select some caches to go after. On game day I had no time and really didn't want to fool around carrying a $500 GPS to the football game and explain to security why it's in my possession. We parked on 3rd Avenue and began walking towards the stadium. Showed Kailee some of the tourist sights along 2nd Avenue to include the Hard Rock Cafe. We walked to the river and turned towards bridge that would take use across the Cumberland River and ran across Fort Nashborough, a replica of the first fort in Nashville to guard against Indian attack. I knew of the Battle of the Bluff virtual but didn't have the cache information. I took mental notes of everything and looked around the fort. I had visited this fort during a high school trip to Nashville. The following day, I looked at the cache page and had the information required to log the find.

Was a good day, logged a find, increased my cache to cache miles and saw the Titans defeat the Packers.

No comments: