Thursday, November 6, 2008

Stillhouse Hollow Falls


When Stillhouse Hollow Falls cache came out and word of it spread on the forums, I put it on my watchlist as a must do cache. With a trip to Columbia, with the cool and nice weather, I went after the cache. Arrived at the parking location and found the micro cache there and after a short break and study of the map, I went for the stroll. Being from West Tennessee, there are not many caches that require hills and climbs over rocks in my area and this hike was everything I was not used to. Going up hills both going and returning from the cache. About 1/2 way to the cache location, I was wishing I brought along some water and hiking boots.


Arrived at the top of the falls and took some pictures. GPS still pointed that I had some distance to cover. Reviewing the topographical map at the parking lot, I knew that I would not be following the arrow until the last 300 or so feet to the cache. I went onto the valley and on towards the cache. I went past the cache location, which is some distance behind the chimney of an old structure to observe the falls. I took more pictures and thankful I took the time to come after this cache.


Went back to the chimney and did more hill climbing to the cache. Found the cache as the Garmin 60csx beeped. Signed the log and took a break to reflect on this journey.


This is one of the best caches and I thank Monkeybrad for setting up this cache.

No comments: