Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Visit to Searcy, Arkansas

Last year, the family consisting of myself (Titansfan), wife (Cannotreadgps) and my daughters, Cachestalker94 and Minnie Mouse, traveled to Searcy, Arkansas to visit my cousin (Joel and his family) and aunt (Mary). We used the Garmin 60cs to take us to the motel and then to my cousin's home. When we first drove up, my cousin, Joel wanted to see the GPS in action. I showed it to him and later made plans for Joel to see it in action. The following day, we visited Aunt Mary at the nursing home. Upon our visit, the residents of the nursing home were involved in the Bingo game where he participated also. After the game, we went across the street to the park and introduced the Searcy family to geocaching. A cache was located in the small park, it is Around Town -- Skyline View. Took some time to find it, Aunt Mary was in a wheelchair and gave us directions while she held the GPS. Later, Aunt Mary rode around town with Joel and watched us find Living on the Edge. She was happy to participate in the game.

Today, I received news that Aunt Mary passed away today. She will be missed and I am happy we had the opportunity to visit her in the last few months and share our game with her.

No comments: